Contributing to ideascube
Would you like to make the ideascube project better? Welcome! This document will try to provide guidelines about what and how you can help.
Contact and resources
If you have any question, problem or idea, feel free to get in touch with project's maintainers:
Ask questions, report issues or propose ideas as tickets.
Here are online resources you may find useful to contribute to the project:
- Homepage: http://www.ideas-box.org/
- Code repository: https://framagit.org/ideascube/ideascube/
- Issues, questions and feature requests: https://framagit.org/ideascube/ideascube/issues
- Continuous integration: https://framagit.org/ideascube/ideascube/pipelines
- Documentation: http://ideascube.readthedocs.org/
How can I give a hand?
- Join the brainstorming: report or comment issues; join the IRC channel
- Review merge requests
- Take an issue and code :)
- What about a sprint?
Install ideascube for development
Project's typical development environment requires:
On a Debian-based system, you may use:
sudo apt-get install python3-pip python-virtualenv virtualenvwrapper python3-dev libjpeg-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev zlib1g-dev build-essential autoconf automake libtool libdbus-glib-1-dev git sudo apt-get build-dep python3-dbus
Download the source code
Get project's source code from project's code repository (you may use your own fork):
git clone email@example.com:ideascube/ideascube.git cd ideascube/
Create a virtualenv (we name it
ideascube here but the name is up to you):
Install python dependencies:
Run the initial database migration::
To populate the database with some initial dummy data, you can run the command::
Check and run!
Run the server:
python3 manage.py runserver
Check it works: